How to Act Like a Girly Girl
A girly girl is the girl who embraces all the things girls are said to like. If you love pink, frills and cute things, then you might just be a girly girl. Acting like one involves behaving like a lady, cultivating your girly interests, and adopting a girly sense of style.
Behaving Like a Girly Girl
Don't act stupid.There's a stereotype out there that girly girls need to be ditzy and airheaded, but this is not at all true. There is nothing feminine about intentionally acting dumb, so don't enforce this terrible stereotype!
- If the guys you like seem to only be interested in ditzy girls, they are not good relationship material. Look for someone who appreciates your intelligence instead.
Be kind and nurturing.Traits often associated with femininity include kindness, honesty, compassion, and openness. Embrace this by always being nice to everyone, helping others, and sharing your emotions.
- Don't lie or spread gossip. This is not nice and it will make people think badly of you.
- You can be honest without being cruel or blunt. Always try to put a positive spin on things.
- Keep in mind that there are some potentially negative aspects to being nice all of the time. Because we live in a male-dominated world, feminine traits like kindness and compassion are often undervalued. If you want to be successful, you may need to be aggressive and competitive at times.
Have high energy.It may be hard to be perky and energetic all the time, but it helps if you always try to at least match the energy level of the people you are talking to. If you have a lower energy level than the people around you, you will come off as dull, boring, and not particularly girly.
- Even if you are not enjoying a conversation, always maintain eye contact and be polite.
Practice good posture.A girly girl is always poised and graceful, so work on your posture if need be. Good posture will make you look feminine and super confident.
- Always keep your shoulders down and back and your head up, whether you're sitting, walking, or standing still.
- When seated, make sure to keep your legs together. The most feminine way to sit is with your ankles crossed and your knees together. You can also cross one leg over the other, although this may be bad for your back.
- Project confidence by walking slowly and deliberately and keeping your hands in a relaxed position by your sides.
Always use your manners.Girly girls are polite, so brush up on your etiquette if need be. The right manners will depend on your situation, but in general, follow these rules:
- Thank people for doing something kind.
- Say hello to people and respond when someone asks how you are.
- Look people in the eye when talking.
- Apologize if you bump into someone.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid making noise that may disturb others.
Have fun with the girls.The best part about being a girly girl is getting to enjoy girly activities with your girlfriends. Consider things like going to the spa, going dancing, or staying home to give each other makeovers. Whatever you do together, embrace this time with your friends!
- If you don't already have a group of girlfriends, get out there and meet some new people. You can try joining clubs if you have trouble meeting people.
Adopting Girly Interests
Get into girly pop culture.Find out what other girly girls in your age group are interested in and check it out! Common interests may include boy bands, Disney stars, romantic comedies, and musicals.
- Keep in mind that trends are constantly changing, so stay on top of the latest pop culture.
- You don't have to like every girly band or movie out there. Be true to yourself when choosing your interests.
Read chick lit.To help get yourself in a girly mindset, try reading some girly books. Anything light, bubbly, and centered around the girl getting the guy of her dreams is a good choice.
- Magazines are also a good option because they tend to be popular with girly girls and they will give you good information about the latest style trends.
- This doesn't mean you shouldn't read other things too. Remember, you can be smart and girly at the same time.
Like girly things.Girly girls typically like cute things, so get invested in picking out some adorable accessories. When shopping for everything from school supplies to phone cases to decorations for your room, look for matching accessories that include girly tropes like:
- Animals such as ponies, kittens, and puppies
- Princess paraphernalia
- Stickers, fluffy feathers, etc.
- Girly colors such as pink, purple, and light blue.
Learn about makeup.Girly girls don't just do their makeup, they genuinely enjoy doing it! If you don't yet have a passion for makeup, try some new things until you find something you can get excited about. You can choose whatever kinds of makeup you want, whether you prefer elaborate nail polish or perfectly applied eyeliner.
- If you don't know anything about makeup, try watching some videos online and buying some new products to experiment with.
Be yourself.Just because you're a girly girl doesn't mean you can't be interested in sports, science, or anything else. Don't give up hobbies or interests that are important to you because you want to seem more girly!
- Empower yourself by defining femininity for yourself, instead of letting others tell you what it means.
Looking the Part
Embrace girly hairstyles.Girly girls love their hair, so try to think of your hairstyle as a way of showing off your girly personality. The right hairstyle for you will depend on the length and texture of your hair. Choose something that works for your hair and makes you feel good about yourself, and remember that girly girls frequently change up their look. Some styles to consider include:
- Loose waves
- High ponytails
- Straight bobs
- Any style held back with a cute headband
Do your makeup.A girly girl always takes the extra time in the morning to do her makeup, so make a point of waking up a little earlier if need be. Try experimenting with different makeup techniques to bring out your natural beauty. Look naturally pretty and don't overdo the makeup.
- Make sure your concealer or foundation is the right color for your skin, and don't wear more than necessary.
- Set your makeup with powder if you have oily skin.
- Choose a shade of blush that matches the color your skin is naturally when flushed.
- Choose a lipstick color that is close to the natural shade of your lips.
- Use neutral shades of eye shadow for a universally flattering look.
- Use black or brown eyeliner and mascara.
Wear girly clothes.Every girly girl has her own individual style, so don't feel like you have to dress exactly like someone else. The important thing is to choose clothes that have a distinctly feminine touch, whether it's a bright color or a fancy embellishment. Consider options like:
- Clothes with ruffles bows, sequins, and lace
- Sheer blouses (as long as you wear something not sheer underneath)
- Lightweight patterned sweaters and cardigans
- Skirts and dresses
- Feminine heels and ballet flats
- Colorful tights and jeans
- Chic blazers
Always accessorize.Girly girls always add a little something extra to their outfits. When you get dressed in the morning, think about adding one or two tasteful accessories to make a big statement. Some good options include:
- Colorful or patterned bags and shoes
- Statement necklaces or earrings
- Waist-cinching belts
- Classic pearl jewelry
QuestionWhat do I do when I am like afraid to be myself because people may hate me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf people dislike you for being who you are, they're lousy people and you don't need them in your life. The people who deserve to be your friends will accept you. You should always be yourself (as long as you're not hurting anyone).Thanks!
QuestionCan girls act like boys or their personality be like a boywikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, this is called being a tomboy. If you have a personality of a boy your loud, ruff, and kind of immature. It is totally normal for girls to have personalities of boys.Thanks!
QuestionI am really new to makeup. Is there any advice on what to try out?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionI am 21 years old and I'm getting a job. Can I still be a girly girl or am I too old?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course you can still be girly- there's nothing wrong with liking pink and lace/ruffles and pretty things. That being said, it's important that you don't look childish. You are a grown woman and dressing like a child is inappropriate, especially at work.Thanks!
QuestionSometimes I feel like a girl, then a boy. What could that mean?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt could just mean that you're a tomboy. There's nothing wrong with that. Some girls are more "girly" than others.Thanks!
QuestionCan a girly girl have pixie cuts?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. Pixie cuts are super cute and girly if your wardrobe and accessories are right.Thanks!
I want to be more eloquent. How is it achieved?
What do I do if I feel ashamed being a girly girl?
How do I not act like an old lady?
Can I still act like a girly girl if someone bullies me?
Can I be a girly girl if I'm really shy?
- If you're not sure where to start with style, try picking out one or two celebrities whose style you admire. Then pay attention to the colors, patterns, and styles they tend to wear. Use this as inspiration for your next shopping trip.
- Don't act bratty. It's unbecoming.
- Don't laugh all the time, or people might get annoyed with you.
- Never try to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being a tomboy or something between a tomboy and a girly girl.
Video: HOW TO ACT LIKE A GIRLY GIRL
How to Make a Pom Pom
How to Balance Your Blood Thinners and Bleeding Risks
10 Funny Digestion Facts (Seriously)
How to Whitewash Trim
Finally How To Peel An Orange In Seconds
10 Ways to Wear Your Hair to Every Wedding ThisSeason
20 Short Hairstyles For Wavy Hair
7 Clean Eating Weight Loss Recipes to Add to Your Weekly Meal Plan
What Celebs Ate After the Golden Globes
How To Haggle Negotiate Yourself A Great Deal
Byredo Rose Hand Care Gift Set (Limited Edition)
4 Secrets of Willpower
I Finally Stopped Counting Calories, And Heres What Happened