How to Meet Willie Nelson
If you’re a fan of outlaw country music, meeting Willie Nelson could be a dream come true. There’s no exact recipe or magic trick to make you meet him, but there are some things that you can do to increase your chances. The internet is your best starting place. Beyond that, you’ll need to put yourself out there to increase the possibility of running into him. If you ever do get the opportunity to meet him, be sure you make a good impression!
Using the Internet
Follow Willie’s social media accounts to keep up with his daily life.Check his accounts regularly to find out where he is and where he might be going. Study the photos posted on Facebook and Twitter to get clues about which hotel he may be staying at or restaurants he might be eating in. If you find a clue, visit the spot to increase your chance of running into him.
- Follow Willie on facebook at or type @WillieNelson in the search bar to go directly to his page.
- Find Willie on Twitter at or by typing @WillieNelson in the search bar.
- For Instagram, go to or search willienelsonofficial.
Join Willie Nelson’s official fan club online for exclusive information.It costs .99 annually to join Club Luck, but it comes with access to exclusive contests and concert ticket pre-sales. This will give you an opportunity to take part in events that the general public can’t, so it may increase your chances of meeting him.
- There are many other fan clubs that you can join as well. Fan clubs often post information about celebrity sightings, so if you follow those posts, you may be able to track him down.
Read entertainment websites and blogs to stay updated.Check official websites like TMZ, People, and E! Online for information about events and promotions. These websites also frequently post pictures from the paparazzi, so pay attention to those—they might clue you in on where to find him.
Send him an email that he will want to respond to.Email Willie at . Every email that is sent to that address is read by a member of management, and passed on to Willie or the family as needed—but they aren’t always replied to.Set yourself apart from all of the other emails that are received. You’ll have to say more than, “Hi! I’m your biggest fan!”
- Tell him what you have to offer and/or how you can help him. Tell him about an article you wrote on him, or a really neat idea that is sure to be successful.
- Relate to his interests and passions, and if you happen to know someone who he knows, mention that.
Creating Opportunities to Meet Him
Tune-in to local radio shows to try and win concert tickets.Start listening to local radio stations in the weeks leading up to a scheduled concert. Radio stations often host contests and giveaways, and if you try really hard, you might get lucky and win free tickets and/or backstage passes to a show.
Work or hang out at places that Willie is likely to visit.See what jobs or gigs you can get into that will increase your chances of seeing him. Try working with the press or at a radio station or event venue. If you live in a small town, this won’t be easy. But if you can take a trip to another city that he is performing in, you might be able to run into him.
- Check Willie’s tour dates online to find shows that are in places you may be able to travel to. Even if you can’t make the show, hanging out in the same city is a good start.
- Find out when he’s not on tour, and try to visit the areas near one of his homes. Visit the areas around his ranch in Spicewood, Texas or near his home in Maui, Hawaii and hope for a run-in. Willie also owns Charlie’s bar in Paia, Hawaii—so be sure to stop in there for a chance encounter.
Attend a concert and try to stand out.There is no guarantee that you will be noticed, but simply being at a show will increase your chances of being able to meet Willie. You don’t want to do anything too crazy, but there are a few things you can do to try and get noticed.
- Get a seat near the front so you are in his line of vision.
- Sing along with all the songs to show him how devoted you are.
- Bring a young kid with you and have them hold up a funny sign.
- If none of those options work, hang out at the back entrance of the venue or by his tour bus after the show for one last chance.
Buy a ticket to a charity event or a Meet and Greet package for a show.Attending a charity event will give you an opportunity to give back to the community somehow while also being able to meet Willie Nelson.VIP tickets and Meet and Greet packages are made specifically to allow fans an opportunity to meet a celebrity. These are sure-fire ways to meet Willie Nelson, but prepared to spend some extra money.
- Tickets for Willie Nelson’s Chef’s Potluck fundraiser were sold for 5.00 each. Some people may think this is quite spendy, but it’s not too bad considering it came with 2 meals, 2 front-row tickets to his show, and helped out a great cause.
- Depending on what’s included in your package, VIP tickets are usually at least 0 more expensive than general admission tickets.
Ask a mutual friend, if you have one, to introduce you.If you know someone—or know someone who knows someone—who knows Willie, ask them if they can help you meet him. Mutual friends and acquaintances are a great way to meet people because there is already a level of trust and respect established.
- This can be a super informal meeting. Perhaps you are invited to attend a dinner that’s already taking place.
- If you are like most people and don’t already have a mutual friend, try to make one. Networking on social media is a good start.
Making a Good Impression
Have a plan in mind for what you want to say or do.The last thing you want to do is be speechless! Come up with a few things you’d like to say or accomplish. For instance, if you really want to get a photograph or compliment him on a successful event, know the key points you want to hit.
- Say something like, “I’ve always been a huge fan of your music, but the Chef’s Potluck you hosted to raise money for food for low-income communities was so inspiring.”
- Follow up with, “Would you mind if we had our picture taken together? I brought my farmers hat.”
Stay cool and calm to make a good impression.The only thing worse than being speechless, is being out of control. This will be an exciting moment in your life, so you don’t want to ruin it by overreacting. Treat Willie like you would treat any other person. Be friendly, polite, and respectful.
- Smile, say hello, and tell him how nice it is to meet him.
- Don’t be intrusive by asking too many questions, unless you are conducting a formal interview.
Ask him for a picture or autograph to have as a keepsake before you go.You won’t want to waste too much of his time by fumbling around trying to get everything together. Be prepared with a pen and something to write on, and have your camera ready to go.
- Cell phone cameras make it really easy to keep snapping away until you get the perfect photo, but don’t waste his time by taking a million pictures. Snap 1 or 2 and be thankful for the opportunity.
- If you scored an interview or some type of private meeting, be professional but also friendly and personable. You will probably know the time frame in advance, but since these conversations can be pretty in-depth, it can be easy to get carried away and lose track of time. Try to stay focused on the topic you had planned to discuss and save the friendly banter for the end if he’s willing.
Video: Willie Nelson tour bus goes through get lengths to avoid fans
How to Start a School on Animal Jam
Kim Kardashian Tells All About Her 4M Ring Stolen atGunpoint
Snoop Dogg Made His Paris Fashion Week Debut in a Very Victoria’s Secret-InspiredShow
How to Throw a Pot
Burberry Brit Rhythm Fragrance
Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
So You Want to Buy a Juicer Let Us Talk You Through the Basics
How to Diagnose and Remove Any Swimming Pool Stain
Pumpkin Cheese Bread
3 Ways to Elbow Pass
Celebrities Love Dolce Gabbana’s Star Print
Samsung recall: How to return Galaxy Note 7
How to Wear Skinny Jeans to Work