Mango Rice Pudding with Chocolate Shavings
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe | Calories: 388 | Total Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 16 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 20 mg | Carbohydrates: 51 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 22 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 18
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup rice (Arborio or anything similar)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, sucanat, or honey (adjust the amount according to the sweetness of the mangoes)
- 1/4 cup shaved dark chocolate, for garnishing
- Slice the mangoes and scoop out all the pulp. Separate 1/3 of the pulp, dice then set aside. This will serve later for garnishing.
- Put the rest of the mangoes in a blender and blend coarsely. Set aside.
- Over high heat, in a saucepan with medium high sides, cook the water and the rice together. Bring it to a boil
- When it boils, put the heat to the lowest, partially cover, and cook until almost all the water has been absorbed but still creamy.
- Pour the coconut milk and sugar in the saucepan and stir to mix well. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mangoes and stir to mix well. Cover.
- Cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 8 - 10 minutes. In case the rice pudding is starting to dry up and the rice is still hard, add more coconut milk or hot water.
- After it is cooked, let it rest for about 15 minutes. This is best enjoyed lightly warm, not hot.
- Meantime, prepare the chocolate flakes by using a peeler to scrape the flakes from a block of chocolate.
- Serve in individual bowls.
Video: Mango Malai Sandwich – Bruno Albouze – THE REAL DEAL
12 Carbs You Should Definitely Avoid
Too Much Water Bigger Threat Than Too Little
How to Ensure Hipaa Compliance
Healthy After-School Snacks
Viral Facebook Post Is Chilling Reminder That Non-Prescribed Pills Can Kill You
Chicken Casserole Recipe
Steven Greene Talks Life After Football Advice For Staying Fit In Retail
How wearing the wrong bra effect your health
Mulberry Matthew Bag Collection
The Implications of Recovery
Rice Bran Oil Nutrition Facts
The Vacation That Doesnt Cost a Cent
How to Disable BIOS Memory Options
Your Step-By-Step Guide to Covering Acne With Makeup